Thank you for contacting us, one of our representatives will be contacting you shortly.
What is Trauma Therapy?
Trauma therapy is a form of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, known as Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR). The mind processes all information during sleep stages, however, during a traumatic incident the minds processing is hampered and it fails to store experiences efficiently.
If we reflect on past experiences, the negative painful experiences remain stuck in a fixed visual frame with certain disturbance and negative thoughts about ourselves stuck with it. Developed by American Pschiatrist Dr.Francine Shapiro EMDR helps to process these events and store them appropriately hence relieving from negative beliefs
Trauma may not necessarily be a natural calamity or a life threatening loss, for a 3 years old child trauma can be as simple as the mother not maintaining eye contact while the child is talking. It can make the child feel emotions of rejection or lack of attention. It completely depends on the perception of the child.
These traumas play a large role of our perception of ourselves and others and we play all of our roles in the current, based on the emotional experiences of the past. Our judgements and beliefs are very strongly affected with these.
Benefits of Trauma Therapy
- EMDR helps to rewire the neuropathways effectively and permanently to bring about shift in thought processes.
- The results are tangible and observable, not only immediately but also continually.
- EMDR is especially effective with Panic attacks, Anxiety, Negative Thinking and Depression, Self-esteem, Dealing with loss and grief, Childhood and Relationship trauma,etc.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing not only helps to deal with specific memories but also works on the complete cluster of memories which can bring about life transforming insights.
- EMDR has the potential of bringing about miraculous changes in one's life which are insightful and integrate easily and effortlessly.
- EMDR has been most effectively used with Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and has a pool of research evidence.
"I must tell you without any reservation that our experience of meeting Madam Sherry was indeed extremely good we were highly impressed with her simple and lucid explanation for healing Chakras of Mrs Shah. We shall definitely recommend her without any doubt."
Book your free consultation today!
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive monthly updates.
510 Fortune Tower, Cluster C
Jumeirah Lakes Towers
PO Box 634299, Dubai, UAE
Sunday to Thursday: 10:00 – 20:00
Friday & Saturday: 11:00 – 20:00
+971 (0)4 242 7704
+971 (0)54 752 6560
Essentia Wellbeing Center © 2017 All Rights Reserved.