Thank you for contacting us, one of our representatives will be contacting you shortly.
What is Cognitive Behaviour Therapy?
CBT is a psychotherapy that is based on the cognitive model: the way that individuals perceive a situation is more closely connected to their reaction than the situation itself.
One important part of CBT is helping clients change their unhelpful thinking and behavior that lead to enduring improvement in their mood and functioning.
For example, logically smoking makes no contribution to one’s health, let alone taking away from it, but one continues to smoke because of the mental associations with it. So is for sugar/chocolates when on a diet. The mind looks at it as deprivation and hence the cravings increase significantly.
CBT is one of the most successful forms of counselling since it allows for practical tools which can be implemented for self-empowerment. It is possibly the best way forward into building on the present strengths and enhancing them more towards the future.
Unlike traditional Psychotherapy and Counselling it focuses less onto the past/future and more on the existence in the here and now.
Benefits of Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT)
- CBT helps to identify negative thoughts and emotions and provides effective tools to deal with them.
- It prevents addiction lapse and creates a healthy mental and emotional balance on a day to day basis.
- It helps to overcome PTSD, chronic pain, grief and loss.
- CBT has shown clinically significant results in helping with panic disorders, anxiety issues, anger managemnet and depression.
- CBT is known to enhance thinking and insights to be more rational and emotionally balanced. A shift in beliefs about oneself and generally sense of calmness and relaxation are common by products of this work.
"I have no words to thank you enough for what you have done for me. Or as you always mentioned, I have done for myself. People around look at me and wonder if I am still the same Ricardo or I have had a soul replacement. I feel like a new born child.
I can breathe more fully with all that power in my lungs. I smell life with so many fragrances in each moment. My house, my car, my clothes and my life smells so real. Each day I am discovering so much more because now I have quit smoking."
Ricardo - Smoking Cessation
Motor Sales, UAE
Book your free consultation today!
Thank you for your interest. One of our representative will confirm with you shortly.
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive monthly updates.
510 Fortune Tower, Cluster C
Jumeirah Lakes Towers
PO Box 634299, Dubai, UAE
Sunday to Thursday: 11:00am – 8:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 10:00am – 8:00pm
+971 (0)4 242 7704
+971 (0)54 752 6560
Essentia Wellbeing Center © 2017 All Rights Reserved.